Canadas largest food truck rally takes place this Saturday at Fort York. Heres a sneak peek at what some of the trucks will be serving at the event.
Food Truck Eats is gearing up for the largest food truck rally in Canada ever this Saturday, September 21, as 50 food trucks from Toronto, southwestern Ontario, and as far as Ottawa get ready to gather at the historic Garrison Common at Fort York National Historic Site for AwesTRUCK 2013, presented by Car2Go.
Heres a sneak peek at what some of the food trucks will be offering this Saturday;
- Beaver Tails (Assorted Beavertails, Smoothies, Poutine)
- Be Good Gelato (Chocolate and vanilla gelato sandwiches. Gelato cups)
- Bestia (Pizzas; Aricciano, 2 Di Piche, Proscuitto)
- Kevins Burger Obsession (Smoked ham beef burgers, Turkey BLT Burger, Pork Burger)
- Busters Sea Cove (Fish Tacos, Lobster Rolls, Shrimp Tacos)
- Chang Noi En Route (Lobster Avocado Eggroll, Samui coconut shrimp magarita, Thai massaman curry beef parfait)
- Choco Churros (Traditional and stuffed churros)
- Cross Roads Diner (Burgers; Le Big Mac, Royale with cheese, King Slayer)
- Curbside Bliss Cupcakes (Apple Caramel, Maple Bacon, Pumpkin Pie, Gluten free Chocolate)
- Curbside Crepes (Gold Rush apples and raisins, Honey bee sauteed pear and gruyere, Nutty Monkey with banana and nutella)
- Dobro Jesti (pork or chicken schnitzel, risotto rice balls)
- Dirty South (Dirty southern love sandwich, pork tacos, poutine)
- El Gastronomo Vagabundo (Cod fish tacos, Tunisian carrot salad, grilled octopus)
- Feisty Jack (Chicken tikka box, veggie tikka box. Fish and chips, scotch egg basket)
- Fidel Gastro (Bacon explosion burger, Pad thai fries, Kingzilla sandwich)
- Food Cabbie (Philly pork sandwich. Southern California steak sandwich)
- Food Dudes (Mac and cheese balls, Captain crunch fish taco, bao down pork)
- Frankie Fettucine (Ossobucco gnocchi poutine, Fettucine Amatriciana, Arancini, Canolis)
- Gone Nuts Bakery (Mini loaves; apple crumble, banana bread, cake pops, chocolate chip cookies)
- Gong Fu Bao (Maple berkshire chrarsiu Bao, Shanghai grilled cheese jian-bao, chicken and chickpea curry gua-bao
- Gorilla Cheese (Grilled cheese sandwiches; lumberjack, sarducci, neopolitan)
- Gourmet Gringos (Tuna ceviche, mahi mahi fish tacos, beef cheek sopes)
- Hank Daddy BBQ (pulled pork parfait, smoked chicken wings, cowboy fries)
- Hollywood Cone (Assortment of soft serve ice cream)
- Itty Bitty Pie Company (Pie in a cup, Sweet mini pies, Savoury Pies)
- Johnny Blond (Blonde jerk ribs, tandoori chicken, Blone Roots)
- Karma Chamealeon (Jamaican jerk taco, philly cheeze steak, taquito dog)
- Lets Be Frank (Assorted hot dogs)
- Luchador Gourmet Streatery (Pork steam bun tacos, korean zombie, papaya and mango xango)
- Manual Labour Coffee (Coffee)
- M.E.NU Food Truck (Fried rice balls, roti canni roll, tofu fries)
- Mikes Dog House (Assorted gourmet hotdogs)
- Panchos Bakery (Empanadas)
- Pretty Sweet Bakery (Assorted gourmet cupcakes)
- Romen Chariot (Toasted ravioli, meatball sliders, baccala fish tacos)
- Rudys Paletas (Paletas; raspberry basil, watermelon lemonade, tart cherry limeade, concord grape, pear ginger)
- Saled Pig (bbq pulled pork sandwich, pigs in a blanket, grilled proscuitto sandwich)
- Slow Tacomobile (anchiote chicken, slow pork el pastor, black bean tacos)
- Southern Smoke (smoked ribs, charbroiled portobello sandwich, bbq chicken salad)
- Tacocat (Assorted tacos; tequila lime chicken, smoky beef barbacoa, pibil pork)
- Tide and Vine (Raw oyster bar, oyster lobster-feller, searted atlantic scallops)
- Tonys Streatery (Chicken souvlaki, greek salad, fries
- Tiny Tom Donuts (Donuts)
- Urban Express(steak on a bun, provolone steak, pizza steak)
- Urban Herb (roast chicken sandwich, roast beef sandwich, grilled cheese sandwich)
- Yalla Paramount Truck (shawarma)
- Mr Corn (grilled corn)
- Vendor: FeasTO (kimchi pork dumplings, beef with pho dumpling, chilled handmade ramen)
- Vendor: Big Es grinds (Kahlua pig in a taco form)
- Vendor: La Brea (Tinga de pollo chow mein, lil kim-chi mucho mango salad)
Voting for the annual AwesTRUCK awards closed at midnight on Monday, September 16. The final results will be revealed between 1:00 and 2:00 pm on Saturday as host Michelle Jobin will hand out silverware in six categories: People’s Choice, Best Menu Item, Best New Food Truck, Best Pop-up, Best Graphics, and Best Concept.
A limited number of General Admission tickets ($10) are still available athttp://www.uniiverse.com/awestruck. Tickets will also be available at the door for $15, starting at 2:00 pm on Saturday, September 21.
If you missed out on Early Bird tickets, our title sponsor Car2Go and beverage partner Samuel Adams Brewery will be giving away some tickets leading up to the event on Saturday. Follow @car2gotorontoand @samueladamsCA for your chance to win.
Date: Saturday September 21, 2013
Time: 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: Garrison Common, Fort York
Tickets: $10 General Admission still available
This event will take place rain or shine and all ticket sales are final.
No Refunds. No Pets. No Strollers.
All guests MUST have an AwesTRUCK ticket to enter the event. Children under the age of 5 do not require a ticket for entry.
How to make the most out of AwesTRUCK 2013:
- Wear comfortable shoes to the event.
- Cash is King. Select vendors will also process credit card payments, courtesy of our official payment partner, Square Canada.
- Divide and conquer. Bring your friends! Food Truck events are more fun when you share the experience with a group of friends.
- Share your experiences on Facebook and Twitter and see what everyone else is eating. Use hashtags #foodtruckeats and #awesTRUCK2013.