In the world of Konrad Ejbich, there are countless reasons to celebrate the most noble red grape on the planet. Here's his unique and unconventional take on why all Ontarians should all feel lucky to have Pinot Noir thriving in our own backyard.
The Top Ten Reasons to Drink Pinot Noir
10. The corollary to “A Summer of Riesling” is, “An Autumn, Winter and Spring of Pinot Noir.”
9. You’ve got a better chance of finding a good bottle of Pinot Noir than you have of winning at the local casino.
8. Wine stains come out more easily than with Cabernet, Merlot, or Syrah.
7. Duck breast.
6. It’s much easier to order Pinot Noir in a restaurant than Gewurztraminer or Harslevelu.
5. It’s sex in a glass. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
4. By the time you’ve finished the bottle, your French accent will improve fantastiquement
3. It’s the perfect pairing with Lady Gaga’s meat dress.
2. It’s delicious right-side-up, upside-down, or SIDEWAYS.
…and the number one reason to drink Pinot Noir…
1. BACO NOIR.
Konrad Ejbich is a seasoned wine, food and travel writer and broadcaster. He is the regular wine commentator for CBC Radio's provincial phone-in on Ontario Today, a columnist for Toronto's insider foodie magazine, CityBites, a feature writer for The Toronto Star's weekend magazine StarWeek and a contributing editor to its wine website, WineFox.ca.
He is the proud inventor of "sparkling icewine", a product he created in 1988, and later wrote about, challenging Canadian winemakers to produce it commercially. Today, several wineries make sparkling icewine, garnering international accolades.
Wine is not just a career choice for Konrad. It's an enduring personal passion.
Powered By DT Author Box
Written by Suresh Doss
Suresh Doss is the publisher of SpotlightToronto.com and Rickshawmag.com. Founder of the Food Truck Eats festival, Suresh has been a pioneer for the Street food movement in Toronto. In 2011, He was awarded the VQA Promoter’s Award for outstanding achievement in the Media category in the promotion of Ontario VQA Wines. Suresh is also the Global Editor for Whitecap’s StreetEats series of travel guides, which focuses on the best street food across North America.